Call for Pitches
Thank you for your interest in submitting work to Rewire.
We are not currently accepting new pitches at this time.
If you're going to take your idea elsewhere, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind as you're pitching:
- Why is this idea relevant right now?
- Why are you the best person to write this story?
- What research have you already done on this story?
- Which sources (researchers, experts, featured individuals, etc.) are you planning to contact for this story? The more specific you can be, the better.
- What is your particular angle or approach to the story? How is it different from other recent pieces on this topic that have appeared in other outlets?
- If the publication has reported on the subject before, how will your story build on what we've already done?
- Why is this story a good fit for the publication? Why would their readers find this story interesting/useful?
- What format will your piece take (e.g., reported article, Q&A, profile, personal essay, photo essay)?