Call for Pitches
Rewire is an online destination for young adults under 40 who want to improve their lives and the world they're living in.
We invite early career journalists to submit pitches for reported features, profiles, Q&As, vignettes and photo essays that contribute to our ongoing coverage of suicide prevention awareness, mental health and self-care. Individuals with relevant lived experiences are also invited to submit.
We especially welcome and strongly encourage pitches from BIPOC writers and creators.
Before pitching Rewire, read more about us and review our editorial guidelines. Take time to explore the recent articles on our website. This will give you a good sense of our style and tone, as well as an overview of the topics we cover.
Our rate starts at $250 for accepted submissions.
Submit your pitches via this form (also available below).
In a paragraph or two, describe your story idea. We love concise pitches that include the following details:
- Why is this idea relevant right now?
- Why are you the best person to write this story? (Note: If you're covering a marginalized community that you don't identify with, explain why you should write this piece and describe who you're planning to include in the story.)
- What research have you already done on this story?
- Which sources (researchers, experts, featured individuals, etc.) are you planning contact for this story? The more specific you can be, the better.
- What is your particular angle or approach to the story? How is it different from other recent pieces on this topic that have appeared in other outlets?
- If Rewire has reported on the subject before, how will your story build on what we've already done?
- Why is this story a good fit for Rewire? Why would our readers (young adults under 40) find this story interesting/useful?
- What format will your piece take (e.g., reported article, Q&A, profile, personal essay, photo essay)?
Be sure to include a working headline (or two) to grab our attention, help us understand what your story is about and give a sense of your specific angle on the topic. We also ask that you provide links to your portfolio and/or previous samples of published work that showcase your writing and reporting abilities.
Note: Due to high volume of responses, Rewire is unable to provide individual feedback on pitches. If you don't hear from us within two weeks, assume that we have passed on your pitch.